Friday, 24 August 2007

Pencils today











Went on another bush walk and talk this morning and took some not very colourful shots of bush and stream. Some good basis for paintings though.


Got home and continued working on Garden Rocks on darfting film and my pencil sharper jammed with a broken lead. Can't seem to get it started again. This is the start of the picture, 8x11".

Here is my holder made with cut-down cardboard rolls - such as toilet paper - stuck with acrylic gel medium to a board.
I Have just finished making this and glad I did. These are pencils I'm using. The rest of my pencils are in a box and its lid - about 16" by 8". I have lined it with bubble wrap and transport my pencils if going elsewhere with them.


I love seeing all the colouras in the rainbow laid out side by side and until I got too many and had to make the holder I worked from the box. Tricky to balance on my messy desk though.

As I got more pencils, some kept getting nuried and the ones on top seemed likely to roll off.
That's one good thing about working in a carpetted room.

2 comments:

Elizabeth Braun said...

Oooh, I love looking at colours too and have bought so many Derwent pencils of late I feel they ought to give me shares!!! It'll be a long time before I can produce lovely work like yours though...

nzflutterby said...

Haha - they certainly war down quickly.

I need more already