Sunday, 3 June 2012

moleskine exchange

I'm part of a moley exchange. There are eight of us.

Using the accordian style Japanese moleskine journals we each do four pages.

Tha latest set of pages I've done is for Cathy's Undersea cave.





This spread was mainly using copic markers, ciao ones, that I've just bought some of. Tricky to blend them and they bleed through the page. Luck that in the exchange we only work on one side of the pages. Coloured pencil and other media does go over the top though and they do cover the page fast without having to clean brushes.

For this subject I did like the bubble effect when I used the colourless blender that lifted the colour rather than blending.



And Ive put my name down for another exchange starting September, even though we have three more spreads each to do in the current one.


And the theme I've chosen for the next exchange will be Nick Bantock. I admire his creativity, sense of design and whimsicality - is there such a word? There is now.
And his type of art fits weel with the fact that this exchange will not just be paint and drawing but can include mixed media.


http://vimeo.com/39181285


This is a short video available on his web site. http://www.nickbantock.com/index.php

2 comments:

SarnzD said...

Hi! I would love to be part of the Moley Exchange if you want a new member. I've got two japanese cahiers on the go at the moment. Would love to hear from you. Sandra

SarnzD said...

Hi! I would love to be part of the Moley Exchange if you want a new member. I've got two japanese cahiers on the go at the moment. Would love to hear from you. Sandra